His Kids Orphanage

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Man's Best Laid Plans...

Well, my plans to go for an entire year fell through, but that's okay. My family and I weren't ready to part ways for an entire year; Nathaniel is still very dependent on our care. So I'm going for two months instead. We are starting the process of hiring and training caregivers to take my place.

I can tell I'm ready to go back to Uganda. A couple of months ago I saw a book at a bookstore written by a woman who takes care of Ugandan orphans, and I started crying out of jealousy, right there in the middle of the bookstore! LOL. And my eyes mist over when I hear a song featuring the voices of the African Children's Choir or Watoto Children's Choir (both choirs are comprised of mostly East African children).

I bought my ticket last week. I'll be leaving May 17th and returning July 12th. People keep asking if I'm getting excited. I haven't had much time to think about it, being so busy with Nathaniel. But now that I've purchased the ticket, excitement is starting to seep in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment